Blog Archive

Thursday, May 15, 2008

The Joy of Ice Fishing!



One of Brandon's fondest memories is of him and Grandpa Green ice fishing. When we moved to Utah is was something Brandon wanted to do with me. So the day came when we put on our snow boots and went out to the lake. I was so scared to step out onto the ice but Brandon kept telling me that it was fine. And it was....until I fell through and got stuck with freezing cold water pouring into my pants! Brandon felt really bad so he went back to the car to get different shoes and warm socks for me. We eventually made it out to the middle of the lake and were ready to catch some fish until we realized that we forgot the bait!! Brandon luckly had some WD40 that we sprayed on the hooks but after about 15 min. of watching the pole we decided that our fishing adventure had come to an end and it was time to go home!! Yeah, it was a pretty successful day!

4 comments:

trilady66 said...

Way to go Maryellen! Your blogs are great. What's a blog? Maybe (I said maybe) I'll start my own blog page. It would be much easier for me if I didn't have to write anything or add pictures. How would that work? Could I just change the background every month or so?

Tia J said...

Your blog looks great!

Tenille Gates said...

yeay for blogging! Im excited to see what uguys are up to :0) Looks like the honeymoon was a blast and ice fishing is rad!

jlbunting.com said...

Did you really fall through the ice? That would freak me out. I like your blog and I'm glad you started it, it's always fun to read about John's cousins.
Becky